1. What is your baby’s name?
2. What are the parents' names?
3. When was your due date?
4. When was your baby born?
5. How much did he/she weight when they were born?
6. How much does he/she currently weigh?
7. Does he/she have colic?
8. Have there been any health issues or concerns?
9. Is your baby on any medication?
10. Have you spoken to your doctor about your baby’s sleep difficulties?
11. Is there anything else about your baby's health that you think I should know?
12. What time does your baby wake to start his/her day?
13. How do they appear when they wake up? (e.g. content, fussy, crying)
14. What happens right after they wake up? (Are they given a bottle, breastfeed, etc.)
15. What time of day does the first nap usually occur and where does it take place?
16. How do you get your baby to sleep for this first nap?
17. Does he/she show signs of tiredness when they wake up? (e.g. red/puffy eyes, fussing, crying, staring)
18. What time of day does the second nap occur?
19. How does your baby fall asleep for this nap?
20. How long does this nap last?
21. Is there a third or fourth nap during the day or early evening?
22. How does your baby fall asleep for these naps?
23. What time do you start getting your baby ready for bed?
24. Do you have a bedtime routine? (Its totally okay if you don't!) If you do, what is their routine?
25. What time does your baby actually fall asleep at bedtime?
26. How does your baby fall asleep at this time?
27. What happens during the night? (Share with me the best and worst-case scenarios.)
28. Does your baby have their own room set up with their own crib?
29. Where does your baby usually sleep for both naps and bedtimes?
30. Do you sleep in the same room as your baby?
31. Are you open to sleeping in separate rooms? If so, at what age?
32. Who is your baby's primary caregiver?
33. Does your baby have siblings?
34. What are some weekly activities that are important to you? (e.g. Mommy & Me class, sibling school drop-off, etc)
35. In general, how would you describe your family's lifestyle with a new baby? (relaxed, "on-the-go", homebodies)
This is a safe, no-judgment free zone for you and your family. Please share anything else you would like to tell me here. I am here for you.